Arkansas Ozarks Fishing-White River-Bull Shoals-Norfork Lake-Buffalo-North Fork
These are the big Arkansas fish that didn't get away!
* Which lake, and which river, has the biggest fish? Tough question! While the records all seem to point to Bull Shoals Lake, Norfork Lake fish are usually just ounces behind. Unofficial Striped bass caught in Norfork are generally larger than the Bull Shoals stripers. When discussing river trophies, its also a tough call. Both the North Fork River and the White River have produced lots of records. Either lake, or either river, offer an excellent chance at new records.
Line-Class & Other Records
1. Smallmouth Bass - 7 pounds 4 oz. -state record caught on Bull Shoals Lake
2. Spotted Bass - 7 pounds 15 oz - state record caught on Bull Shoals Lake
3. White Bass - 5 pounds, 5 oz. - state record caught on Bull Shoals Lake
4. Cutthroat Trout - 9 pounds 9oz. - state record caught on White River
5. Ozark Bass - 1 pound 4 oz. - state record caught on North Fork River
6. Black Crappie Line-Class World Records:
7. Striped Bass - 50 pounds on 6# test - World Line-Class Record - Bull Shoals
8. Blue Catfish - 68 pounds on 8# test - World Line-Class Record -Bull Shoals
9. Walleye - 19 pounds 13 oz. on 4# test - World Line-Class Record - Bull Shoals
10. Catch & Release Line-Class World Record Browns - White River
11. Cutthroat - Catch & Release World Record - 20 inches on 2# test - North Fork River